*FROM SEPTEMBER 2017 ALL UNIT3 STUDENTS WILL BE GIVEN THE OPTION TO SIT AN ITEC ASSESSMENT TO OBTAIN THE LEVEL 2 ITEC QUALIFICATION IN PHOTOGRAPHIC MAKEUP*
UNIT 3 Professional Make Up Artistry Diploma Course
& ITEC Level 2 Photographic Award
(Unit 3 – Part Time)
NEW Unit 3 Course Commencement Dates
This course is for those who want to begin a career in the creative world of Make Up. At VanityX we teach you the skills and techniques but we also give you the support and experience to move forward in your desired direction. We teach you the fundamental skills needed, ensuring you understand how to adapt these skills to the ever changing trends in the makeup world.
You will learn everything from understanding how to enhance the facial features, day to evening, bridal, Era, Trend and Catwalk looks and may more (breakdown below) gain invaluable work experience, participate in photoshoots and lots more! Ensuring when you receive your diploma you are ready to start work immediately!
Our UNIT 3 course is suitable for absolute beginners, beauty therapists and ITEC & CIBTAC trained make up artists looking to update their skills.
*Please be advised our videos need to be updated, we are currently working on this. You will still find them beneficial in giving you an insight into this course.
- Skin Care & Analysis
- Tools of the Trade
- How to Choose & Use Brushes
- Face charts – The Makeup Plan
- Hygiene & Sterilisation
- How to choose & apply your base, foundation and concealer correctly
- Colour Correcting
- Cosmetic Science/Product Ingredients
- Understanding Face Shapes, Eye Shapes and Lip Shapes
- Contouring, Highlighting & Shading/Defining and Hiding Features
- Choosing Eye shadow Colour’s
- How to Perfect your Eye shadow Application
- Eye shadow Blending techniques
- Brow Defining – Using a variety of techniques and products
- False Lash Application (Strip & Individual)
- Perfecting Lip Liner
- Choosing Blush & Lip Colour
- Bridal Make Up Themes
- Changing Make Up from Day to Night
- Smokey Eye Techniques
- Mature Make Up
- Fashion/Glamour & Catwalk Make Up
- Era Make Up
- Male Make Up
- Introduction to Special Effects
- Photo Shoots, Your Portfolio & Getting Started
- Professional Conduct & Business Awareness Seminar with VanityX Owner Debbie Mc Quillan
- Access to an exclusive VanityX Student App offering on going career support & opportunities
- Work Experience – Possible Job Placement With Well Known Companies
- VanityX Practical & Written Examinations (see frequently asked questions below for full details on exam process).
Course Cost Includes The Following For 2017:
- VanityX Diploma Exam Fee
- INGLOT Make Up Kit
- 10pc Crownbrush Professional Brush Set
- VanityX Text Book
- VanityX T-Shirt (Uniform)
- VanityX Hand Towel For Your Station
- Photoshoots X 1 – Includes 2 Professional Images Emailed (No Hidden Costs)
- Work Experience – Continuous During & After Your Course
- Discounts with Top Make Up Counters (Inglot, Make Up Forever, Fuchsia, Crownbrush, ProOne Cosmetics & many more)
To obtain your ITEC Award you will be required to sit a practical assessment.
Course Duration: 15 weeks
Days: (Two Options)
- Two Evenings per week (DUBLIN: Tuesday & Thursday 7pm to 9.30pm, CORK: Monday & Wednesday 6.30pm to 9pm)
- Saturdays (one Saturday per week) 10am to 3pm (DUBLIN & CORK)
VanityX Assessment & Exam Fee (Included in overall cost)
ITEC Assessment & Exam Fee: TBC
Deposit Required: €200 (non-refundable)
OUR PAYMENT PLAN OPTION
|DEPOSIT||€200||PRIOR TO START DATE|
|PAYMENT 1||€200||FIRST DAY OF CLASS|
|PAYMENT 2||€200||WEEK 3|
|PAYMENT 3||€200||WEEK 6|
|PAYMENT 4||€200||WEEK 9|
|PAYMENT 5||€100||WEEK 13|
* If availing of our easy payment plan, all payments MUST be paid as outlined above. Students may make payments greater than the amounts outlined above. All payments can be paid by using your student log on details which you receive via email once you register for any of our courses. Please be sure to contact us if you did not receive this email (check your junk mail too).
Frquently asked questions:
Do you need to have a make up kit?
No at VanityX we provide you with your starter kit, this year we are delighted to be offering our students kits from INGLOT. The kit consists of eyeshadows, blusher, contouring powder, lip colours, primer, gel liner and translucent powder. This kit is for you to keep once you have made your second payment plan instalment .We communal skin care, foundation and additional eyeshadow kits to be shared amongst the class throughout your course. Our foundation brands range from high street to high end (Rimmel, INGLOT, Make Up Forever, MAC, FACES, Dior, Smashbox, Mabeline, Gosh, Armani and many many more). We do encourage students to begin to purchase products (with your tutors guidance) throughout your course, as when you leave VanityX our kits will not be at your disposal. We recommend you wait until you have discussed kits with your tutors.
Do I need to have experience to do this course?
Not at all, this course starts from beginner level, everyone starts from the beginning regardless of experience.
If I have already completed a make up course, would this course suit me?
This really depends on the course you have previously completed and how long ago it was. We get many students who have done previous courses or workshops who may have just covered the basics or who were just showed demonstrations without any real understanding or knowledge translated to the student. At VanityX we pride ourselves on our teaching technique and course content. We teach you first the basics and understanding of make up artistry and then ensure you have the ability to use these techniques within the current make up industry. As the industry trends change are curriculum gets updated to reflect this. We also get many artists who wish to up-skill or refresh their portfolios. In make up, learning is never ending, it’s the beauty of this industry.
Are there any additional costs involved?
You are required to print before and after images of your work, and put together a portfolio, however at VanityX we try to ensure all costs are minimal and have secured a discount with many print centres for all students. Your tutors may suggest professional tools or products they use or have picked up throughout their careers, however this at the discretion of the individual, you are not obligated to buy such products. However you should be aware to progress your kit and take clients you will need to invest in your kit at some point. We pride ourselves on value for money, we are the only college in the country offering this standard of training at this cost with your tools, products, literature, photoshoots and more included or supplied at no additional cost.
Can I pick and choose days I attend class?
No you must commit to the course times/days that are outlined by the course you register for.
Do I have to pay for my images from my photoshoot?
No these images are included, and each student receives them via email once we receive them back from the photographer. Note only students who pass the course and have paid all fee’s will receive their images.
Do I need a model for class?
For majority of your course you work on each other during class time. However for mature makeup and male makeup you will be asked to bring a model. You will also need to be able to practice on people at home. For photoshoots we organise models, however on some occasions we may ask you to also bring a model.
If I miss a class due to holidays or illness, do I get to make this class up?
This will depend on the subject matter you miss. If it is something new, you will arrange to make the class up with your tutor. If it is practice or revision you will be required to do this at home and present your tutor with before and after images of practice.
Are there exams to obtain this diploma?
Yes. There are three written papers and one practical assessment for the VanityX Diploma students are also required to submit a portfolio of looks as assigned. There is one extra practical assessment for the ITEC Level 2 Photographic Makeup Award (all your written papers and portfolio from the VanityX Diploma will be assessed for the ITEC Award also).
Can I fail this course?
Yes, this course is an intense training programme for those serious about entering into the make up industry. Students who fail will not receive a diploma or their professional images. If a student fails he/she will be given the option to re-sit his/her examinations. In some cases additional training programmes will be offered. Note there is an additional fee for re-sitting examinations and additional training.
Is their an age restriction with this course?
The minimum age to do this course is 16 years of age. There is no age limit. To date we have students right up to the age of 50. Your never to old to learn.
Deposits and Payments
As per our terms and conditions deposits and payments are non refundable and non transferable. If students enter our payment plan agreement they will be obliged to pay for the course in full regardless of the circumstances.