To find out further information on student grants please see http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/
VanityX accept grants however it is up to the student to obtain the grant.
You can find information below of grants provided by the social welfare/government.
1. TRAINING SUPPORT GRANT
The Training Support Grant is designed to fund quick access to short term training or related interventions, obtain or renew certification and permits for individual jobseekers that have identified work opportunities or where Case Officers have identified an immediate skills gap that represents an obstacle to taking up a job offer.
How To Qualify:
A Case Officer can approve a grant for someone seeking employment under this scheme where:
- the course is not above level 6 on the QQI
- during the course of an interview, a training need is identified that is not otherwise provided by DSP directly or any other state provider (such as Solas/ETB's, Teagasc), within a reasonable length of time or at a location convenient to the jobseeker
- the intervention identified is linked to both the activation needs of the jobseeker and labour market conditions
- the intervention sought by the jobseeker forms part of the agreed personal progression or action plan to enter or re-enter the labour market.
- they are satisfied that the jobseeker has provided reasonable evidence or grounds of need (for example in the form of a job offer or of a potential job offer) or an identified skill gap or a requirement to maintain or achieve accreditation (for example, safe pass, driving licences, HACCP, security industry permits)
Rate of Payment
Each jobseeker can get a maximum amount of €1000 per annum.
Payment can be approved when:
- you attend the programme
- you undertake the relevant assessment and achieve certification
- you do not achieve certification but the trainer and applicant confirm that you undertook full assessment but did not meet the standard required
- invoices should indicate the VAT or other TAX reference number of the supplier. The overall amount should be shown less any participant contribution or third party funding
Providers must be located on the island of Ireland.
The maximum contribution that can be approved and paid for essential driver training is €250. Driving tuition for HGV/Rigid/Bus should be considered as a separate intervention within these guidelines. Driving tuition should only be funded when there is clear evidence of potential employment.
How To Apply:
All applications or referrals for support under the scheme must be made via a Case Officer.
The quoted cost of the measures should be compared to a list of costs maintained in the division to ensure that costs are in line with expectation and to ensure best value for money is being achieved. Case officer should also consider the location of the course and distance the customer has to travel.
Training providers will be required to submit quotations for the full amount. The Case Officer should advise the jobseeker of the grant amount available.
Payment can be approved when the applicant attends the programme, undertakes the relevant assessments and achieves certification OR does not achieve certification but the trainer and applicant confirm applicant undertook full assessment but did not meet the standard required.
- the grant should only be paid after the applicant completes the programme, undertakes the relevant assessments and achieves certification OR does not achieve certification but the trainer confirms applicant undertook the full assessment but did not meet the standard required
- invoices should indicate the VAT or other TAX Reference Number of the supplier. The overall amount should be shown less any participant contribution or third party funding
2. TESG (Technical Employment Support Grant)
With the Technical Employment Support Grant each application is considered individually by The Employment Services Office.
You will need to:
- Visit your Local Employment Services Office and speak to your Placement Officer
- Explain to your Employment Services Placement Officer that you would like to attend a course at VanityX to assist you in trying to return to work
- If one of our courses is essential to helping you find employment, Your Local Employment Services Office may fund the training up to €500.
For further information on funding or grants, contact your local citizen advise bureau or local unemployment office.