Terms & Conditions
FEES AND ENROLEMENT
- A student is accepted for enrolment on and subject to the condition that the student will attend on the date (the commencement date) and at the time specified in the enrolment receipt letter or email, which will be sent to the student upon receipt of the completed application form together with the correct registration fee/deposit.
- Deposits and payments are not refundable but can be credited against future course fee’s if applicable, up to a 6 month period.
- All course payment plans must be adhered to. Failure to make payments may result in you not being permitted to complete your course.
- Failure to complete all payments in full at deadline dates will result in students not being permitted to sit exams, photohsoots or and receive photoshoot images and exam results.
- All part time payment plans and course fees must be paid in full up to two weeks prior to the end date of your course.
- All full time course fees must be paid in full by the deadline dates advised at enrolment.
- The academy reserve the right to change the commencement dates, course dates and layout of a course.
- Due to courses being booked out in advance, cancellations are accepted two weeks in advance of a part time course date. Two months notice is required for all full time courses. Cancellation fee’s apply for late cancellations. Part time courses are subject to a cancellation fee of €500, full time courses are subject to a cancellation fee of €1000, this does not include the initial deposit paid.
- Fees are not refundable if the course is interrupted or cancelled through an act of God or Terrorist act.
- Should a student not complete a course for whatever reason all fees remain payable to VanityX. Non-completion of a course does not waive fee obligations.
- Students who receive funding may be still liable for full course fees if funding has not been received within the required time frame specified by the funding authority. Similarly if funding is declined or if funding is not received within three months students may also be liable for payment of full fees.
- Students who fail to complete the course but have been approved for funding are still liable for the remaining course fees.
CANCELLATIONS AND TRANSFERS
- Should any student request a transfer they may do so 14 days before course start date on part time courses only. The fees paid can be transferred. Transfers cannot be accepted less than the 14 day period.
- Deposits and payments on course cancellations are non refundable.
- Decisions on late transfers and cancellations are at the sole discretion of VanityX Makeup Academy management should a student request this.
- A student may only transfer between the same courses.
- Course hours can be varied at the discretion of the Management of the College without prior notice.
- If a class is unavoidably cancelled by VanityX, VanityX agree to make this class up with the student however the day/date and time is at the discretion of VanityX and may not typically fall within the normal class set days or hours. However it will fall during your term at VanityX Makeup Academy or prior to your class graduation.
- All students must hold a 98% attendance rate in order to receive their diploma/certification from VanityX Makeup Academy and any other awarding bodies. In the case of continual lateness or absenteeism, students will not be eligible to complete their course or entitled to attend or transfer to any alternative course dates and will still be liable for all course fee’s.
- All students must hold a 98% attendance rate within each course module in order to sit their examination.
- If a student fails to meet the 98% attendance rate, the student will require a doctor cert for the time missed and/or will need to resit the classes missed to bring their attendance back up to 98%.
- There is a resit fee of €25.00 per class. This cost is wavered if the student has a sick cert for the classes missed.
- Missed assessments have a resit fee of €25.00 and photoshoots have a resit fee of €75.00
- If a student is to attend an appointment during course hours, the student must give at least 48 hours notice. If no notice is given the student will be marked absent and the above fees for resits will apply.
- Due to the possibility of copyright infringement the use of video camera and audio recording equipment is not permitted.
- As all courses are of a continuous nature no allowance for lateness or absenteeism will be made except with prior consent of the Directors who also reserve the right to immediately dismiss any student from a course. The decision of the Directors of the College in such matters will be deemed final.
- Students will need to practice upon one another during courses.
- The name VanityX Make Up Academy may not be used in any form of advertising, only for reference of your college of training.
- VanityX photographers bear the right to the use of student images. Images are the property of the photographer acting on VanityX Ltd's behalf.
- Images are only issued to students who complete and pass their course.
- VanityX may close on public holidays.
- At times students will be asked to source models from outside the academy to work on during class. All responsibility lies with the student when a model is brought to class. This is applicable to all courses.
- In the event that a student is absent for three consecutive days the student must present a Doctors Certificate.
- Should a student fall under VanityX 98% attendance rate a student may be expelled or refused assessments/photoshoots at the discretion of the Directors of the College.
- In the event of a Student being absent from a class, two other students may have to practice on one model or students may work on their own face.
- VanityX is not responsible if the model fails to attend during a photo-shoot.
- VanityX reserves the right to change the course commencement date and will give reasonable notice of such change to the students.
- If VanityX change a course date and should a new date not suit the student the student is entitled to either a) transfer to another date or course b) transfer another named candidate to the place (all deposits & fees are non-refundable).
- Should a student fail to complete a course for any reason, they will forfeit any fees paid and no refunds are applicable.
- Make-up used on the courses, remains at all times the property of VanityX
- Video security cameras are in operation at all times.
- On occasions students may be asked to supply models for photoshoots. This applies to all courses.
- Security bag checks may be carried out at any time. This applies to all students and VanityX staff.
- Students may disclose they have completed a course or work experience with VanityX, but are not permitted to say they work for VanityX if they are not an employee.
- VanityX do not take any responsibility for any allergic reactions due to the use of product in class on students or any models they bring to class (including the use of SFX products). The onus is on the individual student to investigate ingredients in products provided by VanityX.
These conditions shall form the basis of the contract between VanityX and the Student. Only the Management of VanityX shall be authorised to alter or waive any of the aforementioned conditions mentioned above.