ITEC Award In Education & Training
This variant is currently sold out
Our Award In Education & Training Certificate will teach you the fundamentals to delivering qualifications and training to a high standard.
This course is open to qualified makeup artists, beauty therapists, nail, brow and lash technicians, hairdressers and barbers. It is not limited to the beauty industry and anyone with a professional qualification who wishes to move to teaching adults can join this course.
Ideal for anyone who wishes to move their career into teaching adults, open their own academy or teach alongside their current role.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education & training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training.
- Facilitate learning and development for groups and individuals
- Understanding Assessment & Training In Education
- Understanding The Principals & Practices of assessment
- Effective Communication Skills
- Evaluation & Assessing Techniques
- Teaching Tools & Methods For Adult Learners
- Presentation & Presenting Skills for Theory and Practical
- Confidence Building
TEACHING PRACTICE & OBSERVATION
Throughout this course you need to complete a number of teaching practice and observation classes. At VanityX we offer all our students the opportunity to complete their teaching practice and observation at our academy, this is not mandatory and students can source their own practice with another company.
At VanityX we are committed to teaching you to a high standard to ensure you are ready and prepared to begin teaching upon completion of this course. One of the main focuses of this course is to get you confidently ready, we do this through practical experience. You will take part in a series of micro teaching lessons on your subject area. Alongside this you will gain knowledge in creating course content and lesson plans and learning many formats of teaching adults. Once you successfully complete this course you will receive a certificate from global awarding body ITEC and Irelands leading academy VanityX.
Areas of opportunity on completion of this course:
This course is thought by award winning educator and VanityX owner Debbie Mc Quillan. For the last 12 years Debbie has created one of the biggest and busiest private colleges in the country. With extensive training and knowledge in adult education, in class training both theoretically & practically, creating course content, lesson planning and writing the literature for all VanityX courses Debbie brings a wealth of knowledge to her students. Throughout this course you Will work closely with Debbie & her team.
- Applicants need to be qualified, proficient or experienced in the subject which they intend to teach.
- It would be expected that applicants have sufficient personal skills to complete the academic and other requirements of the course.
- Learners should have at least 2 years experience in the industry they wish to teach.
- Qualifications such as but not limited to ITEC, VTCT, CIBTAC, CIDESCO or QQI/FETAC are necessary, a copy of certificates will be requested upon registration.
This course is carried out over 10 class sessions (virtually and in studio)
1 Evening & 1 Sunday a month for 5 months - these classes are spread out over 5 months to allow time for assignments, micro teaching and observation days.
Session 1 - 6th of June 2021 (In Studio)
Session 2 - 29th of June 2021 (Virtual Class)
Session 3 - 13th of July 2021 (Virtual Class)
Session 4 - 18th of July 2021 (In Class)
Session 5 - 24th of August 2021 (Virtual Class)
Session 6 - 29th of August 2021 (Virtual Class)
Session 7 - 12th of September 2021 (In Studio)
Session 8 - 14th of September 2021 (Virtual Class)
Session 9 - 28th of September 2021 (In Studio)
Session 10 - 3rd of October 2021 (In Studio)
In Class Sessions - 10am to 3pm
Virtual Class - Timings will differ based on the subject, timings will be advised in advance.
*Dates may be subject to change and advance notice will be given if any changes are needed